At Talpa eCommerce we're tackling the fast & exciting world of high-volume real-time auctions. We have ambitions to continue our international expansion and punch above our weight on the eCommerce scene. And for this, we need a pragmatic & experienced Fullstack JS engineer to join our Customer Engagement team and help us drive these plans. How to do this, you ask? The Customer Engagement team owns our Customer Domain services and part of the React frontend. You will work with both the usual authentication flows as well as the exciting gamification features. As you can imagine, we work on a big platform with several microservices that connect and react to each other. We have plans for refactoring old services and forward-looking plans to make the bidding process even more exciting and increase customer engagement. And this is why we need you.
The Customer Engagement team Tech stack: NodeJS, NestJS, ReactJS, Typescript, WebSockets, Redis, RabbitMQ, SQS, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS.
What are you bringing?
- Experience with building & running fullstack Typescript services using NodeJS (NestJS is a plus).
- Experience with React & Typescript & building single page web applications.
- Leading by example. Strong desire to improve the status quo, to achieve results, and to make an impact for your customers. You own the code and the technical solution, and this is normal for you.
- Familiarity with best practices & common design patterns (DDD, OOD, SOLID, YAGNI, KISS, DRY, etc).
- Comfortable using asynchronous communication solutions such as Kafka and SQ.
- Solid understanding of NoSQL data stores (eg Redis) as well as WebSockets connectivity.
- Experience or eagerness to learn working with various flavours of APIs (REST, GraphQL, RPC)
- The conviction that tested code is better code - and that tests are not just an afterthought or an impediment.
- People management experience is a significant plus
What are we bringing?
- Solid compensation, pension contribution & 24 days of vacation
- A great company culture where people are encouraged to speak their mind, strict no blame policy, "you build it, you own it" mentality. In general we strive to create a very safe, fair and warm environment. And we expect you to contribute to this.
- International environment with 23 nationalities in the Product & Tech department. We speak English when we don’t use GIFs to make a point.
- A place to grow your career to the next level: we support and encourage everybody to take the lead, go outside the comfort zone and try new things
- Hackathons / Workshops/ Tech Demos / periodic feedback sessions / periodic employee surveys - all in the pursuit of better collaboration and continuous improvements
- Weekly Bootcamps, Yoga classes. Friday afternoon drinks
- Your choice of MacBook Pro or a HP Elitebook. Freedom to run any OS you prefer
Our Tech Stack
- Our Tech Radar - where we are and where we're going - https://radar.emesa.nl/radar.html
- Programming languages: PHP, Python, Typescript
- DB & Data: MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS, Airflow
- DevOps toolset: GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, LXD
- Infrastructure: AWS & OnPrem
- Automation: Robot Framework, Selenium, SonarQube, Browserstack
- Monitoring: NewRelic, Grafana, ELK, Sentry
- Communication/ Collaboration: Atlassian, Slack, Office 365/ MS teams
About Talpa eCommerce
“Talpa eCommerce?” - we are the driving force behind the high traffic and real time auction labels VakantieVeilingen, Vavabid, Slajeslag and GoWinit. With a rating of 4.4 stars on Trustpilot out of > 29.000 reviews, you can be sure that we're really doing something well for our customers. The deal platform Actievandedag is our other product, a popular choice with the Dutch and Belgian market. Since 2018 we're part of Talpa Network, one of the biggest and most diverse media-tech groups of the Netherlands. As such, Talpa eCommerce belongs to a select group of companies that reach the Dutch crowd with innovative and entertaining content every day.
With APIs totaling hundreds of millions of calls/month, websites handling tenths of millions of page views, mobile applications installed on millions of devices and technical challenges brought by the auction model & international scale e-commerce, we need your help to thrive.
Are you interested?
Would you like to join our team? Please apply online via the button below. For more information check the Talpa eCommerce company website and our labels Vakantieveilingen.nl, Vakantieveilingen.be, Actievandedag.nl, Actievandedag.be, Vavabid.be , Slajeslag and Gowinit.de